Technical snag in 3rd unit of Tuticorin power plant
Tuticorin: A technical snag, which developed in the third unit of the thermal power station here, has affected power generation to the tune of 210 MW since early morning Wednesday, an official said.
Thangaraj, Chief Engineer of the plant, said the technical snag developed in the boiler of the third unit in the wee hours, adding, efforts were on to rectify it and the problem would be set right by tonight.
The fourth unit had been taken for maintenance on May 25 and it would be ready during July first week, he said.
The plant has five units and each unit could generate 210 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok