Technical snag in 3rd unit of Tuticorin power plant
Tuticorin: A technical snag, which developed in the third unit of the thermal power station here, has affected power generation to the tune of 210 MW since early morning Wednesday, an official said.
Thangaraj, Chief Engineer of the plant, said the technical snag developed in the boiler of the third unit in the wee hours, adding, efforts were on to rectify it and the problem would be set right by tonight.
The fourth unit had been taken for maintenance on May 25 and it would be ready during July first week, he said.
The plant has five units and each unit could generate 210 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!