Technical snag in 3rd unit of Tuticorin power plant
Tuticorin: A technical snag, which developed in the third unit of the thermal power station here, has affected power generation to the tune of 210 MW since early morning Wednesday, an official said.
Thangaraj, Chief Engineer of the plant, said the technical snag developed in the boiler of the third unit in the wee hours, adding, efforts were on to rectify it and the problem would be set right by tonight.
The fourth unit had been taken for maintenance on May 25 and it would be ready during July first week, he said.
The plant has five units and each unit could generate 210 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users