Technical snag in 3rd unit of Tuticorin power plant
Tuticorin: A technical snag, which developed in the third unit of the thermal power station here, has affected power generation to the tune of 210 MW since early morning Wednesday, an official said.
Thangaraj, Chief Engineer of the plant, said the technical snag developed in the boiler of the third unit in the wee hours, adding, efforts were on to rectify it and the problem would be set right by tonight.
The fourth unit had been taken for maintenance on May 25 and it would be ready during July first week, he said.
The plant has five units and each unit could generate 210 MW.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III