Teenager death: Suspects identified, says police

Three days after the death of a 13-year-old boy inside the Army premises here, CB-CID wing of Tamil Nadu police today said it had identified persons who were in the `suspicious zone`.

Chennai: Three days after the death of a
13-year-old boy inside the Army premises here, CB-CID wing of
Tamil Nadu police today said it had identified persons who
were in the `suspicious zone`.
An Army officer in the rank of Lt Colonel and some
others were today questioned for the third day in connection
with the Sunday incident when Dilshan fell victim to a bullet
after he trespassed the Army area to pluck almonds.

CB-CID ADGP R Sekar told reporters tonight that no
arrest has been made so far and the agency was conducting
scientific, physical and oral investigations.

"We have identified persons who we think are in the
suspicious zone," he said, adding that private and defence
persons were being questioned.

The postmortem report of the boy was expected tomorrow
and the Army was extending "good cooperation" to the agency in
the investigation, Sekar said.
Dilshan`s parents and relatives had alleged that the
boy was shot dead by Army personnel. The Army has said it
would not spare any of its personnel found guilty.

Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has demanded that the
accused person be handed by the Army to state police.

PTI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close