Teenager on high-speed bike skids to death in Chennai
Chennai: A-17 year old teenager was killed and the pillion rider injured after the bike they were on skid on a road here and hit a wall, police said.
The mishap occurred Saturday morning on Wallajah Road when 17-year old Karthik tried to negotiate a bend on the road. Ulaganathan, his friend was riding pillion and both were residents of Kolathur Rettaiyeri. The duo were accompanied by four other friends in two other bikes and were heading towards Marina Beach.
"It was a brand new high speed bike. While negotiating the bend, the boy could not slow down. He skid, fell and sustained head injuries," A J Ravikumaran, Police Inspector In-charge, Anna Square Traffic Investigation told PTI.
The boy`s death was "almost instantaneous," the official said, adding, the pillion rider was being treated in a private hospital and is said to be out of danger.
He denied charges that teenagers were engaged in racing when there was little traffice in the early morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra