Teenager on high-speed bike skids to death in Chennai
Chennai: A-17 year old teenager was killed and the pillion rider injured after the bike they were on skid on a road here and hit a wall, police said.
The mishap occurred Saturday morning on Wallajah Road when 17-year old Karthik tried to negotiate a bend on the road. Ulaganathan, his friend was riding pillion and both were residents of Kolathur Rettaiyeri. The duo were accompanied by four other friends in two other bikes and were heading towards Marina Beach.
"It was a brand new high speed bike. While negotiating the bend, the boy could not slow down. He skid, fell and sustained head injuries," A J Ravikumaran, Police Inspector In-charge, Anna Square Traffic Investigation told PTI.
The boy`s death was "almost instantaneous," the official said, adding, the pillion rider was being treated in a private hospital and is said to be out of danger.
He denied charges that teenagers were engaged in racing when there was little traffice in the early morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security