Teenager`s hand chopped off in Tamil Nadu for sitting crosslegged
Chennai: A teenager in Tamil Nadu whose left hand was chopped off by a man from his village for sitting crosslegged is recovering in hospital, police said Friday.
"The boy is recovering after undergoing an amputation operation. We did recover the severed hand but the doctors said it was too late to stitch it back," a police officer told IANS.
The main accused Krishnan, husband of panchayat president Devi, and his associates Kannan and Kumar did this mainly to create fear for themselves among the villagers in Siruvanoor.
The village is in Virudhunagar district around 500 km from here.
The reported provocation for the attack was that Karthik, a construction worker, was sitting crosslegged and did not stand up on seeing Krishnan.
An argument ensued between Krishnan and Karthik.
On Tuesday night the three pulled Karthik out of a bus in which he was going to Madurai and chopped off his hand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case