Teenager`s hand chopped off in Tamil Nadu for sitting crosslegged
Chennai: A teenager in Tamil Nadu whose left hand was chopped off by a man from his village for sitting crosslegged is recovering in hospital, police said Friday.
"The boy is recovering after undergoing an amputation operation. We did recover the severed hand but the doctors said it was too late to stitch it back," a police officer told IANS.
The main accused Krishnan, husband of panchayat president Devi, and his associates Kannan and Kumar did this mainly to create fear for themselves among the villagers in Siruvanoor.
The village is in Virudhunagar district around 500 km from here.
The reported provocation for the attack was that Karthik, a construction worker, was sitting crosslegged and did not stand up on seeing Krishnan.
An argument ensued between Krishnan and Karthik.
On Tuesday night the three pulled Karthik out of a bus in which he was going to Madurai and chopped off his hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation