Teenager`s hand chopped off in Tamil Nadu for sitting crosslegged
Chennai: A teenager in Tamil Nadu whose left hand was chopped off by a man from his village for sitting crosslegged is recovering in hospital, police said Friday.
"The boy is recovering after undergoing an amputation operation. We did recover the severed hand but the doctors said it was too late to stitch it back," a police officer told IANS.
The main accused Krishnan, husband of panchayat president Devi, and his associates Kannan and Kumar did this mainly to create fear for themselves among the villagers in Siruvanoor.
The village is in Virudhunagar district around 500 km from here.
The reported provocation for the attack was that Karthik, a construction worker, was sitting crosslegged and did not stand up on seeing Krishnan.
An argument ensued between Krishnan and Karthik.
On Tuesday night the three pulled Karthik out of a bus in which he was going to Madurai and chopped off his hand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars