Teenager's hand chopped off: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The NHRC Tuesday asked a Tamil Nadu police officer to explain an incident in which a 17-year-old boy`s hand was chopped off by the husband of a village panchayat president.
According to news reports, the accused felt insulted when the victim didn`t stand up when the former went past him.
To avenge the insult, the husband of the panchayat president along with his two brothers cut off the victim`s hand.
"A notice has been issued to superintendent of police, Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu calling for a report within two weeks," said a National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea