Telugu movie producer booked for allegedly cheating woman
Karimnagar: A Telugu movie producer? has been booked by the police for allegedly cheating a 24-year-old woman here after allegedly promising her marriage, the police said here on Sunday.
According to police, Kolagatla Pratap, hailing from Vizianagaram district, had introduced himself to a young woman from Karimnagar town over mobile phone, about two years ago.
The woman complained to the Karimnagar II Town police station, accusing the producer of being in regular touch with her over this period and promising to marry her.
However, he (producer) suddenly stopped meeting her and answering her phone calls, she alleged in the complaint, a police officer said.
The police registered a case under Section 417 and Section 420 of Indian Penal Code.
Further investigation is on, the police said.
- Bomb injures policeman at Saudi patrol station
- Third PF roll-back: Govt raises EPF interest rate to 8.8% from 8.7%
- Three killed as under-construction house collapses
- 'PM Modi's address to US Congress an opportunity to boost ties'
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic