Telugu movie producer booked for allegedly cheating woman
Karimnagar: A Telugu movie producer? has been booked by the police for allegedly cheating a 24-year-old woman here after allegedly promising her marriage, the police said here on Sunday.
According to police, Kolagatla Pratap, hailing from Vizianagaram district, had introduced himself to a young woman from Karimnagar town over mobile phone, about two years ago.
The woman complained to the Karimnagar II Town police station, accusing the producer of being in regular touch with her over this period and promising to marry her.
However, he (producer) suddenly stopped meeting her and answering her phone calls, she alleged in the complaint, a police officer said.
The police registered a case under Section 417 and Section 420 of Indian Penal Code.
Further investigation is on, the police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know