Temple burgled in Nagapattinam, four panchaloha idols missing
Nagapattinam (TN): Burglars broke into the ancient Sri Ukranarasimhar Temple at Thirupuravalur in the district and decamped with four `panchaloha` idols.
According to a complaint lodged with the police by the temple trustee Krishnamurthy, the priest who went to the temple for poojas this morning found the doors of the sanctum sanctorum broke open and four panchaloha idols of Sridevi, Ukranarasimhar, Boodevi and Chakarathazhvar were found missing.
Panchaloha idols are made up of five metals
The temple had been closed on last night after special poojas marking the first anniversary of "Maha Kumbabishekam."
The value of the idols was yet to be ascertained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details