Temple burgled in Nagapattinam, four panchaloha idols missing
Nagapattinam (TN): Burglars broke into the ancient Sri Ukranarasimhar Temple at Thirupuravalur in the district and decamped with four `panchaloha` idols.
According to a complaint lodged with the police by the temple trustee Krishnamurthy, the priest who went to the temple for poojas this morning found the doors of the sanctum sanctorum broke open and four panchaloha idols of Sridevi, Ukranarasimhar, Boodevi and Chakarathazhvar were found missing.
Panchaloha idols are made up of five metals
The temple had been closed on last night after special poojas marking the first anniversary of "Maha Kumbabishekam."
The value of the idols was yet to be ascertained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list