Ten prisoners to vote through postal ballot in Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore: The State government has cleared
the names of ten prisoners lodged in the Central Jail in Coimbatore, to
vote for the April 13 elections to the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
The Jail Authorities had sent a proposal to the government,
after 32 prisoners expressed their willingness to exercise
their franchise through postal ballot, official sources said.
The political parties will not be allowed to campaign
inside the jail and the prisoners have to select the
candidates by going through newspaper reports or the party
symbol and names in the postal ballots, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested