Ten Tamil Nadu labourers from Iraq return
Chennai: Ten construction labourers belonging to Tamil Nadu arrived here today by an Air India flight from strife torn Iraq, airport sources said.
The Centre had made arrangements for bringing them from Erbil in that country to Mumbai by a special flight. They reached here by a regular commercial Air India flight, the sources said.
Five of them hailed from Sivaganga, four from Madurai and one from Ramanathapuram district, the sources said.
Tamil Nadu government has made arrangements for the onward journey of the labourers to their respective places, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days