Tension grips DMK leaders as Kanimozhi`s bail plea adjourned
Chennai: Tension gripped the DMK camp on Friday as
a Delhi court adjourned the hearing on bail plea of Chief
Minister M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi, named
co-conspirator in the chargesheet in 2G scam case, with the
top leadership remaining huddled throughout the day.
Responding to its summons, Kanimozhi, appeared before the
special court which adjourned the hearing to Saturday.
As Kanimozhi appeared in the court, Karunanidhi was
understood to have been glued to television news channels
which were providing constant feed on the court proceedings.
Most of Karunanidhi`s senior cabinet colleagues, including
son and Deputy Chief Minister MK Stalin, turned up at DMK
patriarch`s Gopalapuram residence but none of the leaders
interacted with the media personnel there.
Even as TV channels were flashing the latest developments,
the DMK leaders were gripped by palpable anxiety as they were
not sure about the turn the case would take.
87-year old Karunanidhi, who had defended his
daughter-politician to the hilt, had even thought of
accompanying her to Delhi but was persuaded against by the
family members citing his health condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news