Tension in village after Dalit boy `misbehaves` with girl
Dharmapuri: Tension prevailed in Papparappati village in the district after a Dalit boy allegedly misbehaved with an upper caste teenage girl at a fancy store where she was working as sales assistant.
Police said the boy allegedly pinched her when she was busy searching for recharge coupons which he had asked. The girl caught him red handed and a verbal altercation followed.
On hearing the commotion, a woman working in an adjacent shop rushed to the spot and admonished the man. However, he reportedly threatened both women and left the spot.
The girl then lodged a complaint with police and a case was registered against the man under IPC 354 and Sec 4 of Tamil Nadu Women`s Harassment Act
A search is on for the man, who is absconding.
Meanwhile a group of upper caste people resorted to a road roko in front of the police station and demanded that the man be arrested. They dispersed after being assured that suitable action would be taken.
Police pickets were posted at several places in Papparappatti and surrounding villages as a precautionary measure.
All shops remained closed in Papparappatti area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack