Tension in village after Dalit boy `misbehaves` with girl
Dharmapuri: Tension prevailed in Papparappati village in the district after a Dalit boy allegedly misbehaved with an upper caste teenage girl at a fancy store where she was working as sales assistant.
Police said the boy allegedly pinched her when she was busy searching for recharge coupons which he had asked. The girl caught him red handed and a verbal altercation followed.
On hearing the commotion, a woman working in an adjacent shop rushed to the spot and admonished the man. However, he reportedly threatened both women and left the spot.
The girl then lodged a complaint with police and a case was registered against the man under IPC 354 and Sec 4 of Tamil Nadu Women`s Harassment Act
A search is on for the man, who is absconding.
Meanwhile a group of upper caste people resorted to a road roko in front of the police station and demanded that the man be arrested. They dispersed after being assured that suitable action would be taken.
Police pickets were posted at several places in Papparappatti and surrounding villages as a precautionary measure.
All shops remained closed in Papparappatti area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends