Terror suspect Ismail discharged, lodged in Puzhal prison
Chennai: Panna Ismail, one of the terror suspects arrested by Tamil Nadu Police recently, was on Saturday discharged from the government hospital here where he was undergoing treatment for bullet injuries sustained in the operation to nab him.
He was lodged in the Puzhal Central prison, police said.
Ismail was admitted to the hospital after he suffered bullet injuries during the October 5 police operations at his hideout in Puttur in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
His accomplices -- Bilal Malik, arrested along with him, and `Police` Fakruddin, detained a day earlier here -- are lodged in Vellore prison.
Meanwhile, a senior police officer said the three suspects would soon be taken to Salem, where BJP`s state General Secretary Ramesh was killed in July.
The three, allegedly involved in more than six cases, including the one related to planting of a pipe bomb on the yatra route of BJP leader L K Advani near Madurai in 2011, had been eluding the dragnet of police who had announced a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh on each of them.
The fourth terror suspect Siddique is still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her