Terror suspects questioned for leads in various terror cases
Chennai: `Police` Fakruddin and Bilal Malik, key suspects in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case, were on Thursday questioned by the officials of a national security agency, police sources said.
The team, headed by an IG, was looking for leads from the arrested suspects on other terror incidents across the country, they said.
A Special Investigation Division attached to the Crime Branch, CID of Tamil Nadu Police along with Andhra Pradesh Police, had arrested terror suspects Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik on October 5 at Puttur in Chithoor district.
`Police` Fakruddin was arrested here the previous day.
Panna Ismail, who suffered bullet injuries during the October 5 operation, is currently undergoing treatment at a government hospital here.
The arrested are being suspected by Tamil Nadu Police for planting a pipe bomb near Tirumangalam under a bridge, which was on the proposed Rath Yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani.
They are also being suspected to be involved in murders of many Hindu leaders in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92