Terror suspects questioned for leads in various terror cases
Chennai: `Police` Fakruddin and Bilal Malik, key suspects in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case, were on Thursday questioned by the officials of a national security agency, police sources said.
The team, headed by an IG, was looking for leads from the arrested suspects on other terror incidents across the country, they said.
A Special Investigation Division attached to the Crime Branch, CID of Tamil Nadu Police along with Andhra Pradesh Police, had arrested terror suspects Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik on October 5 at Puttur in Chithoor district.
`Police` Fakruddin was arrested here the previous day.
Panna Ismail, who suffered bullet injuries during the October 5 operation, is currently undergoing treatment at a government hospital here.
The arrested are being suspected by Tamil Nadu Police for planting a pipe bomb near Tirumangalam under a bridge, which was on the proposed Rath Yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani.
They are also being suspected to be involved in murders of many Hindu leaders in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!