Terror suspects questioned for leads in various terror cases
Chennai: `Police` Fakruddin and Bilal Malik, key suspects in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case, were on Thursday questioned by the officials of a national security agency, police sources said.
The team, headed by an IG, was looking for leads from the arrested suspects on other terror incidents across the country, they said.
A Special Investigation Division attached to the Crime Branch, CID of Tamil Nadu Police along with Andhra Pradesh Police, had arrested terror suspects Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik on October 5 at Puttur in Chithoor district.
`Police` Fakruddin was arrested here the previous day.
Panna Ismail, who suffered bullet injuries during the October 5 operation, is currently undergoing treatment at a government hospital here.
The arrested are being suspected by Tamil Nadu Police for planting a pipe bomb near Tirumangalam under a bridge, which was on the proposed Rath Yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani.
They are also being suspected to be involved in murders of many Hindu leaders in Tamil Nadu.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory