Thiruvaduthurai mutt head is dead
Nagapattinam (Tamil Nadu): Sivaprakasa Desiga Paramacharya Swami, head of an ancient Saivaite Mutt at Thiruvavaduthurai in the district, died on Thursday, mutt sources said.
Sivaprakasa (72) was the 23rd head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam (mutt).
Last night, he complained of difficulty in breathing and was rushed to an hospital in Kumbakonam but died en route at 2 AM, mutt sources said.
He had underwent surgery following a heart attack early this year. About 15 days ago, he was admitted to a hospital at Mayiladuthurai due to complaints of breathing trouble before being shifted to Kumbakonam. He was discharged early this week.
Sivaprakasa became the 23rd head of the 15th century saivaite mutt, one of the biggest in Tamil Nadu, during 1980.
Meanwhile, Meenakshisundara Desiga Paramachaya Swami, who was serving as the Kattalai Thambiran (chief disciple) of Thiruvidaimaruthur Adheenam, a branch of the Thiruvavaduthurai Adheenam took over as the 24th head of the mutt this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know