Thousands witness car festival at Tirunallar
Karaikal: Hundreds of devotees on Thursday witnessed the car festival of Lord Dharbaranyeswara Swamy temple at Tirunallar in Karaikal district.
In the big car, the presiding deity -Shenbaka Thyagaraja Swamigal was placed and in the small car,Ambal was placed. The cars were taken out in procession through all important streets of Tirunallar.
District Collector J Ashok Kumarand others participated in the festival.
Tight security arrangements had been made in connection with the festival.A local holiday had been declared in the district on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, the deities were placed on `rishaba vahanam` and maha deeparadhana was performed.
On Friday, Lord Saneeswara will be taken out in procession on Golden Crow mount. The Brahmorchavam, which commenced on May 17, concludes on June 4 with the float festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill