Thousands witness car festival at Tirunallar
Karaikal: Hundreds of devotees on Thursday witnessed the car festival of Lord Dharbaranyeswara Swamy temple at Tirunallar in Karaikal district.
In the big car, the presiding deity -Shenbaka Thyagaraja Swamigal was placed and in the small car,Ambal was placed. The cars were taken out in procession through all important streets of Tirunallar.
District Collector J Ashok Kumarand others participated in the festival.
Tight security arrangements had been made in connection with the festival.A local holiday had been declared in the district on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, the deities were placed on `rishaba vahanam` and maha deeparadhana was performed.
On Friday, Lord Saneeswara will be taken out in procession on Golden Crow mount. The Brahmorchavam, which commenced on May 17, concludes on June 4 with the float festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?