Thousands witness car festival at Tirunallar
Karaikal: Hundreds of devotees on Thursday witnessed the car festival of Lord Dharbaranyeswara Swamy temple at Tirunallar in Karaikal district.
In the big car, the presiding deity -Shenbaka Thyagaraja Swamigal was placed and in the small car,Ambal was placed. The cars were taken out in procession through all important streets of Tirunallar.
District Collector J Ashok Kumarand others participated in the festival.
Tight security arrangements had been made in connection with the festival.A local holiday had been declared in the district on Thursday.
Earlier on Wednesday, the deities were placed on `rishaba vahanam` and maha deeparadhana was performed.
On Friday, Lord Saneeswara will be taken out in procession on Golden Crow mount. The Brahmorchavam, which commenced on May 17, concludes on June 4 with the float festival.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living