Three AIADMK MLAs evicted from TN Assembly
Chennai: Three AIADMK MLAs were evicted from
the Tamil Nadu Assembly on Tuesday for creating ruckus.
Speaker R Avudaiyappan ordered eviction of SS Krishmurthy,
C Ve Shanmugam and L Ravichandran after his pleas requesting
them to maintain decorum failed with Ravichandran shouting
slogans against the Speaker.
It all began when DMK member and Deputy Speaker VP
Duraisamy, while participating in the debate on budget, made
some remarks against the AIADMK high command which triggered
an angry response from the Opposition benches.
They flayed the Speaker`s earlier decision to expunge
AIADMK member Sentamizhan`s remarks against a DMK leader, and
demanded that Avudaiyappan expunge the remarks made by
However, the Speaker did not budge and his repeated pleas
to maintain calm fell on deaf ears. At this point, Avudaiyappan
ordered the marshals to evict the three AIADMK MLAs, one of
them (Shanmugam) a former Education Minister, following which
AIADMK members staged a walk out.
Earlier, the Speaker and AIADMK members were involved in
an argument after he took exception to one of the members, R
Chinnasamy, standing with his back exposed to the Speaker
while conversing with another member, a few feet away from the
He directed the MLA to sit in his place, saying certain
protocol of the House regarding sanctity of the Chair had to
be strictly complied with. AIADMK members reacted sharply to
the Speaker`s remarks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly