Three arrested for abducting DMK functionary
Rameswaram (TN): Three persons were on Tuesday arrested for allegedly abducting and attacking a DMK functionary here, demanding Rs 10 lakh from him, police said.
V Villayutham, DMK`s Rameswaram unit Joint secretary, was allegedly abducted by four persons in a car while he was on his morning walk.
Police blocked the vehicle near Mandapam here, rescued Villayutham and arrested the three persons but one managed to escape, sources said.
Some weapons were also seized from the car, police said.
Villayutham, who was detained under the NSA in a case over three months ago, was released recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology