Three-day old infant abducted from Govt Hospital
Namakkal (TN): A three-day-old child was allegedly abducted by a woman from the Government General Hospital here, police said on Wednesday.
The unidentified woman had taken the baby girl away last evening telling her grandmother that the doctor wanted to examine her and give a present, sources said.
But then the woman never returned following which the family, hailing from neighbouring Tiruchirappalli district, lodged a complaint.
The baby was delivered by caesarian section on July 8.
Police were examining the CCTV camera footage to identify the woman, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest