Three defence witnesses cross examined in Jaya case
Bangalore: The special court trying the disproportionate asset case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa adjourned to tomorrow further recording of evidence of the defence witnesses and their cross examination.
Judge M S Balakrishna adjourned the matter after three defence witnesses were cross examined today.
Jayalalithaa is facing the charge that she had accumulated wealth of Rs 66.65 crore disproportionate to her known sources of income when she was chief minister for the first time from 1991 to 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa
- Sisodia attacks PM on 'killer' Chinese manjha, demands ban on import