Three killed, 4 injured as lorry overturns
Vizianagaram: Three persons were killed and four others injured when their lorry overturned on the Chennai-Kolkata national highway near Kanimetta village of the district Friday morning, police said.
The mishap occurred when the driver of the lorry suddenly applied brakes after noticing a stationary vehicle in front, following which it turned turtle, police said.
While one person died on the spot, two others succumbed on way to hospital.
The four injured were admitted to a local hospital where condition of two of them was stated to be serious, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal