Three killed, five injured in explosion in cracker making unit
Sivakasi (TN): Three persons were killed and five suffered burns in an explosion at a cracker manufacturing unit here on Sunday, police said.
The victims were workers of the unit at Narayanapuram village, four kms away from Sivakasi, the country`s fireworks hub, and they were engaged in making crackers when the explosion occurred.
The explosion apparently occurred due to friction among the chemicals, police said, adding, the unit was completely damaged under its impact.
The injured were in a critical condition and they have been admitted to government hospital. It was investigated whether the unit had licence to make crackers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren