Three killed, five injured in explosion in cracker making unit
Sivakasi (TN): Three persons were killed and five suffered burns in an explosion at a cracker manufacturing unit here on Sunday, police said.
The victims were workers of the unit at Narayanapuram village, four kms away from Sivakasi, the country`s fireworks hub, and they were engaged in making crackers when the explosion occurred.
The explosion apparently occurred due to friction among the chemicals, police said, adding, the unit was completely damaged under its impact.
The injured were in a critical condition and they have been admitted to government hospital. It was investigated whether the unit had licence to make crackers, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read