Three more PMK men detained under NSA
Kancheepuram (TN): Three more PMK members, arrested in connection with recent violence targeting public transport vehicles, have been booked under the National Security Act.
President of the Dhamal Panchayat Manimaran (50) Ilango (31) and Mari (29), arrested along with nine others for allegedly setting afire a bus at the village on April 30, were detained under the NSA yesterday, police said.
On recommendation from District Superintendent of Police Xavier, Collector Chithirasenan invoked NSA against the three lodged in Central prison in Vellore since their arrest.
With this, four PMK men have been detained under the stringent NSA in the district in connection with the violence which followed the arrest of their party leader S Ramadoss on April 30 at Villupuram for attempting to stage a protest in violatino of prohibitory orders.
Kaduvetti Guru, MLA, had been detained under the NSA on Friday.
As scores of buses were attacked across the state, the Jayalalithaa Government has warned that those indulging in such acts would be detained under the NSA.
Ramadoss and his son and former union minister Anbumani Ramadoss, who was also arrested, have been released last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know