Three more PMK men detained under NSA
Kancheepuram (TN): Three more PMK members, arrested in connection with recent violence targeting public transport vehicles, have been booked under the National Security Act.
President of the Dhamal Panchayat Manimaran (50) Ilango (31) and Mari (29), arrested along with nine others for allegedly setting afire a bus at the village on April 30, were detained under the NSA yesterday, police said.
On recommendation from District Superintendent of Police Xavier, Collector Chithirasenan invoked NSA against the three lodged in Central prison in Vellore since their arrest.
With this, four PMK men have been detained under the stringent NSA in the district in connection with the violence which followed the arrest of their party leader S Ramadoss on April 30 at Villupuram for attempting to stage a protest in violatino of prohibitory orders.
Kaduvetti Guru, MLA, had been detained under the NSA on Friday.
As scores of buses were attacked across the state, the Jayalalithaa Government has warned that those indulging in such acts would be detained under the NSA.
Ramadoss and his son and former union minister Anbumani Ramadoss, who was also arrested, have been released last week.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Premier League 2016: Chris Morris does justice to whopping price tag for Delhi Daredevils with incredible 82-run knock
- Facebook profits surge as user base expands
- Watch - Maiden rocket launch from Russia's brand new Vostochny Cosmodrome!
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30