Three more PMK men detained under NSA
Kancheepuram (TN): Three more PMK members, arrested in connection with recent violence targeting public transport vehicles, have been booked under the National Security Act.
President of the Dhamal Panchayat Manimaran (50) Ilango (31) and Mari (29), arrested along with nine others for allegedly setting afire a bus at the village on April 30, were detained under the NSA yesterday, police said.
On recommendation from District Superintendent of Police Xavier, Collector Chithirasenan invoked NSA against the three lodged in Central prison in Vellore since their arrest.
With this, four PMK men have been detained under the stringent NSA in the district in connection with the violence which followed the arrest of their party leader S Ramadoss on April 30 at Villupuram for attempting to stage a protest in violatino of prohibitory orders.
Kaduvetti Guru, MLA, had been detained under the NSA on Friday.
As scores of buses were attacked across the state, the Jayalalithaa Government has warned that those indulging in such acts would be detained under the NSA.
Ramadoss and his son and former union minister Anbumani Ramadoss, who was also arrested, have been released last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack