Three new TN ministers sworn-in
Chennai: Three newly-appointed ministers of Jayalalithaa-led Tamil Nadu Cabinet were sworn-in on Thursday.
Governor K Rosaiah administered the oath of office to Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vaigai Chelvan, Kahdi and Village Industries Minister TP Poonatchi and Minister for Health and Family Welfare KC Veeramani, who replaced three ministers axed by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa yesterday.
With the induction of the new ministers, all first-time MLAs, the strength of the Cabinet remains at 33.
In the eighth reshuffle of her 22-month-old Cabinet, Jayalalithaa yesterday sacked Gokula Indira (Tourism), NR Sivapathy (School Education) and Dr VS Vijay (Health and Family Welfare) and inducted the incumbents, all first-time MLAs.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Raj Bhavan here in presence of Jayalalithaa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter