Three new TN ministers sworn-in
Chennai: Three newly-appointed ministers of Jayalalithaa-led Tamil Nadu Cabinet were sworn-in on Thursday.
Governor K Rosaiah administered the oath of office to Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vaigai Chelvan, Kahdi and Village Industries Minister TP Poonatchi and Minister for Health and Family Welfare KC Veeramani, who replaced three ministers axed by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa yesterday.
With the induction of the new ministers, all first-time MLAs, the strength of the Cabinet remains at 33.
In the eighth reshuffle of her 22-month-old Cabinet, Jayalalithaa yesterday sacked Gokula Indira (Tourism), NR Sivapathy (School Education) and Dr VS Vijay (Health and Family Welfare) and inducted the incumbents, all first-time MLAs.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Raj Bhavan here in presence of Jayalalithaa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug