Three new TN ministers sworn-in
Chennai: Three newly-appointed ministers of Jayalalithaa-led Tamil Nadu Cabinet were sworn-in on Thursday.
Governor K Rosaiah administered the oath of office to Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vaigai Chelvan, Kahdi and Village Industries Minister TP Poonatchi and Minister for Health and Family Welfare KC Veeramani, who replaced three ministers axed by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa yesterday.
With the induction of the new ministers, all first-time MLAs, the strength of the Cabinet remains at 33.
In the eighth reshuffle of her 22-month-old Cabinet, Jayalalithaa yesterday sacked Gokula Indira (Tourism), NR Sivapathy (School Education) and Dr VS Vijay (Health and Family Welfare) and inducted the incumbents, all first-time MLAs.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Raj Bhavan here in presence of Jayalalithaa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan