Three new TN ministers sworn-in
Chennai: Three newly-appointed ministers of Jayalalithaa-led Tamil Nadu Cabinet were sworn-in on Thursday.
Governor K Rosaiah administered the oath of office to Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vaigai Chelvan, Kahdi and Village Industries Minister TP Poonatchi and Minister for Health and Family Welfare KC Veeramani, who replaced three ministers axed by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa yesterday.
With the induction of the new ministers, all first-time MLAs, the strength of the Cabinet remains at 33.
In the eighth reshuffle of her 22-month-old Cabinet, Jayalalithaa yesterday sacked Gokula Indira (Tourism), NR Sivapathy (School Education) and Dr VS Vijay (Health and Family Welfare) and inducted the incumbents, all first-time MLAs.
The swearing-in ceremony was held at the Raj Bhavan here in presence of Jayalalithaa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details