Three Nigerians held for fraudulent online shopping
Chennai: Three Nigerians were arrested on Tuesday
on charges of cheating and police recovered from them a car
and LED TVs among others purchased allegedly through
fraudulent means through online shopping.
Obasoto Oladapo Olatunbosum, Dickson M Dickson and Abiodun
O Oyekunle were arrested from the suburban Sembakkam area on a
complaint by a private bank that fraudulent internet
transactions were made through it for the purchase of goods.
Investigation by Cyber Cell team revealed that fraudulent
transactions were used to purchase goods which were addressed
to an incomplete postal address at Sembakkam, M Sudhakar,
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Central Crime Branch, said in
a release here.
The accused were calling up the dispatcher for early
delivery and their place of stay was traced with the help of
a courier company and discreet enquiry, he said.
A car, 2 LED TVs, six mobile phones, 32 pairs of shoes,
three cameras and a music player were among those recovered
from the accused.
Police was also probing if they were involved in other
crimes including an online lottery scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees