Three Nigerians held for fraudulent online shopping
Chennai: Three Nigerians were arrested on Tuesday
on charges of cheating and police recovered from them a car
and LED TVs among others purchased allegedly through
fraudulent means through online shopping.
Obasoto Oladapo Olatunbosum, Dickson M Dickson and Abiodun
O Oyekunle were arrested from the suburban Sembakkam area on a
complaint by a private bank that fraudulent internet
transactions were made through it for the purchase of goods.
Investigation by Cyber Cell team revealed that fraudulent
transactions were used to purchase goods which were addressed
to an incomplete postal address at Sembakkam, M Sudhakar,
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Central Crime Branch, said in
a release here.
The accused were calling up the dispatcher for early
delivery and their place of stay was traced with the help of
a courier company and discreet enquiry, he said.
A car, 2 LED TVs, six mobile phones, 32 pairs of shoes,
three cameras and a music player were among those recovered
from the accused.
Police was also probing if they were involved in other
crimes including an online lottery scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in