Three Nigerians held for fraudulent online shopping
Chennai: Three Nigerians were arrested on Tuesday
on charges of cheating and police recovered from them a car
and LED TVs among others purchased allegedly through
fraudulent means through online shopping.
Obasoto Oladapo Olatunbosum, Dickson M Dickson and Abiodun
O Oyekunle were arrested from the suburban Sembakkam area on a
complaint by a private bank that fraudulent internet
transactions were made through it for the purchase of goods.
Investigation by Cyber Cell team revealed that fraudulent
transactions were used to purchase goods which were addressed
to an incomplete postal address at Sembakkam, M Sudhakar,
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Central Crime Branch, said in
a release here.
The accused were calling up the dispatcher for early
delivery and their place of stay was traced with the help of
a courier company and discreet enquiry, he said.
A car, 2 LED TVs, six mobile phones, 32 pairs of shoes,
three cameras and a music player were among those recovered
from the accused.
Police was also probing if they were involved in other
crimes including an online lottery scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic