Three Nigerians held for fraudulent online shopping
Chennai: Three Nigerians were arrested on Tuesday
on charges of cheating and police recovered from them a car
and LED TVs among others purchased allegedly through
fraudulent means through online shopping.
Obasoto Oladapo Olatunbosum, Dickson M Dickson and Abiodun
O Oyekunle were arrested from the suburban Sembakkam area on a
complaint by a private bank that fraudulent internet
transactions were made through it for the purchase of goods.
Investigation by Cyber Cell team revealed that fraudulent
transactions were used to purchase goods which were addressed
to an incomplete postal address at Sembakkam, M Sudhakar,
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Central Crime Branch, said in
a release here.
The accused were calling up the dispatcher for early
delivery and their place of stay was traced with the help of
a courier company and discreet enquiry, he said.
A car, 2 LED TVs, six mobile phones, 32 pairs of shoes,
three cameras and a music player were among those recovered
from the accused.
Police was also probing if they were involved in other
crimes including an online lottery scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?
- `We are better than this,` Hillary Clinton tweets at Donald Trump