Three Nigerians held for fraudulent online shopping
Chennai: Three Nigerians were arrested on Tuesday
on charges of cheating and police recovered from them a car
and LED TVs among others purchased allegedly through
fraudulent means through online shopping.
Obasoto Oladapo Olatunbosum, Dickson M Dickson and Abiodun
O Oyekunle were arrested from the suburban Sembakkam area on a
complaint by a private bank that fraudulent internet
transactions were made through it for the purchase of goods.
Investigation by Cyber Cell team revealed that fraudulent
transactions were used to purchase goods which were addressed
to an incomplete postal address at Sembakkam, M Sudhakar,
Additional Deputy Commissioner, Central Crime Branch, said in
a release here.
The accused were calling up the dispatcher for early
delivery and their place of stay was traced with the help of
a courier company and discreet enquiry, he said.
A car, 2 LED TVs, six mobile phones, 32 pairs of shoes,
three cameras and a music player were among those recovered
from the accused.
Police was also probing if they were involved in other
crimes including an online lottery scam, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing