Three Tamil Nadu men wanted in Surat murder surrender in Salem court
Salem: Three persons from Tamil Nadu, wanted by Gujarat Police in connection with the recent murder of a man in Surat, surrendered before a court here on Monday.
Raja of Kovilpatti in Tuticorin district and Arumuga Selvan and Gurusamy of Tirunelveli district surrendered before judicial magistrate V Puviarasu, who remanded them in 15 days judicial custody.
The surrenders took place after a special Gujarat Police team arrived in Tirunelveli yesterday looking for the trio in connection with the murder of Bhupendrabhai Patel on June 10, police said.
They had settled down in Surat and were running a shop and eatery there for the last few years.
As their business was believed to have been causing loss to others in the locality, Patel along with his accomplices had threatened the trio, leading to a clash.
In the melee, Patel and another sustained serious injuries and were admitted to hospital. Patel died without responding to treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Congress MP moves privilege motion against Naqvi in RS
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore
- 7th Pay Commission: Not appropriate to compare pay hike recommendations with previous ones, says Govt