Three Tamil Nadu men wanted in Surat murder surrender in Salem court
Salem: Three persons from Tamil Nadu, wanted by Gujarat Police in connection with the recent murder of a man in Surat, surrendered before a court here on Monday.
Raja of Kovilpatti in Tuticorin district and Arumuga Selvan and Gurusamy of Tirunelveli district surrendered before judicial magistrate V Puviarasu, who remanded them in 15 days judicial custody.
The surrenders took place after a special Gujarat Police team arrived in Tirunelveli yesterday looking for the trio in connection with the murder of Bhupendrabhai Patel on June 10, police said.
They had settled down in Surat and were running a shop and eatery there for the last few years.
As their business was believed to have been causing loss to others in the locality, Patel along with his accomplices had threatened the trio, leading to a clash.
In the melee, Patel and another sustained serious injuries and were admitted to hospital. Patel died without responding to treatment, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February