Three workers buried alive as loose earth caves in on them in TN
Udhagamandalam: Three workers were buried alive when loose earth caved in on them while digging a tunnel for a new power project at Kattukuppai, about 20 kms from here today, police said.
Following incessant rains for the last few days, the earth was loose in the area and unaware of it they were digging the tunnel.
The trio was identified as Marimuthu, Arun and Anand of Virudhanagar, aged between 35 and 50 years, police said.
Though their co-workers and public rushed to the spot and managed to clear the soil, only their bodies could be retrieved, police said.
The bodies would be sent to their home villages after conducting postmortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'