Three workers buried alive as loose earth caves in on them in TN
Udhagamandalam: Three workers were buried alive when loose earth caved in on them while digging a tunnel for a new power project at Kattukuppai, about 20 kms from here today, police said.
Following incessant rains for the last few days, the earth was loose in the area and unaware of it they were digging the tunnel.
The trio was identified as Marimuthu, Arun and Anand of Virudhanagar, aged between 35 and 50 years, police said.
Though their co-workers and public rushed to the spot and managed to clear the soil, only their bodies could be retrieved, police said.
The bodies would be sent to their home villages after conducting postmortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...