Tiger cubs gets christened by Jayalalithaa
Chennai: An avid animal lover, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today visited the famous Arignar Anna Zoological Park at nearby Vandalur and christened seven tiger cubs including white ones.
Arjuna and Athreya were the names given by the Chief Minister to two male white tiger, while two female cubs were named as Chitra and Cauvery by her during her maiden visit to the zoo.
Three tiger cubs were named as Nethra, Vidya and Aarthi by Jayalalithaa, who also went around some of the animal enclosures, including one housing abandoned elephants.
At the sprawling 602 acre zoological park, Jayalalithaa also visited other enclosures which house otter, two white tigers whom she had named Rama and Chandra two years back.
She also laid the foundation stone for over Rs 21 crore worth projects to be undertaken in the zoo premises, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez