Tiger cubs gets christened by Jayalalithaa
Chennai: An avid animal lover, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today visited the famous Arignar Anna Zoological Park at nearby Vandalur and christened seven tiger cubs including white ones.
Arjuna and Athreya were the names given by the Chief Minister to two male white tiger, while two female cubs were named as Chitra and Cauvery by her during her maiden visit to the zoo.
Three tiger cubs were named as Nethra, Vidya and Aarthi by Jayalalithaa, who also went around some of the animal enclosures, including one housing abandoned elephants.
At the sprawling 602 acre zoological park, Jayalalithaa also visited other enclosures which house otter, two white tigers whom she had named Rama and Chandra two years back.
She also laid the foundation stone for over Rs 21 crore worth projects to be undertaken in the zoo premises, an official release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split