Tiger cubs gets christened by Jayalalithaa
Chennai: An avid animal lover, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today visited the famous Arignar Anna Zoological Park at nearby Vandalur and christened seven tiger cubs including white ones.
Arjuna and Athreya were the names given by the Chief Minister to two male white tiger, while two female cubs were named as Chitra and Cauvery by her during her maiden visit to the zoo.
Three tiger cubs were named as Nethra, Vidya and Aarthi by Jayalalithaa, who also went around some of the animal enclosures, including one housing abandoned elephants.
At the sprawling 602 acre zoological park, Jayalalithaa also visited other enclosures which house otter, two white tigers whom she had named Rama and Chandra two years back.
She also laid the foundation stone for over Rs 21 crore worth projects to be undertaken in the zoo premises, an official release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune