TN: 3 fishermen die under mysterious circumstances
Rameswaram (TN): Bodies of three local fishermen, who died under mysterious circumstances at Mangalore in Karnataka, are now lying at the government hospital there, according to information received by the father of one of the deceased.
Sebastian, father of the deceased Anthony from Thangachimadam, said he was informed by hospital officials that his son`s body and that of two others, hailing from Uchipuli and Thondi, had been brought to the government hospital.
The reason for their death is under investigation, Police said, quoting officials from Mangalore.
The fishermen were working under boat owners at Mangalore, as they did not get any work in Tamil Nadu reportedly due to attacks allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani