TN: 7% DA hike for govt employees
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Monday
announced a seven per cent DA hike for its employees with effect from January 1 this year.
This was announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the
Assembly in a suo motu statement.
"Like the central government employees` DA which was hiked
by seven per cent from January 1 this year, I am happy to
announce a seven per cent hike in DA for the state government
employees, teachers, pensioners and beneficiaries of family
pensioners," she said.
The hike would be paid in cash, she said.
The hike would also benefit officials and teachers of
local body and government-aided institutions, village
assistants in the revenue department, workers of Anganwadi and
nutritious meal schemes.
Over 18 lakh employees and pensioners would benefit from
the hike, which would cost the state exchequer an annual
expenditure of Rs 1,383.49 crore, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read