TN: 7% DA hike for govt employees
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Monday
announced a seven per cent DA hike for its employees with effect from January 1 this year.
This was announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the
Assembly in a suo motu statement.
"Like the central government employees` DA which was hiked
by seven per cent from January 1 this year, I am happy to
announce a seven per cent hike in DA for the state government
employees, teachers, pensioners and beneficiaries of family
pensioners," she said.
The hike would be paid in cash, she said.
The hike would also benefit officials and teachers of
local body and government-aided institutions, village
assistants in the revenue department, workers of Anganwadi and
nutritious meal schemes.
Over 18 lakh employees and pensioners would benefit from
the hike, which would cost the state exchequer an annual
expenditure of Rs 1,383.49 crore, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users