TN: 7% DA hike for govt employees
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Monday
announced a seven per cent DA hike for its employees with effect from January 1 this year.
This was announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the
Assembly in a suo motu statement.
"Like the central government employees` DA which was hiked
by seven per cent from January 1 this year, I am happy to
announce a seven per cent hike in DA for the state government
employees, teachers, pensioners and beneficiaries of family
pensioners," she said.
The hike would be paid in cash, she said.
The hike would also benefit officials and teachers of
local body and government-aided institutions, village
assistants in the revenue department, workers of Anganwadi and
nutritious meal schemes.
Over 18 lakh employees and pensioners would benefit from
the hike, which would cost the state exchequer an annual
expenditure of Rs 1,383.49 crore, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 20 killed in Turkish shelling in Syria
- India remembers Kargil War hero Captain Anuj Nayyar who died in 1999
- Who are you? Guide to top seeds` rivals at 2016 US Open
- Low oxygen level kills thousands of peanut bunker fish in Keansburg marina- Watch!
- Dilshan equalled services of Jayawardena, Sangakkara for Sri Lankan cricket: Mathews