TN: 7% DA hike for govt employees
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Monday
announced a seven per cent DA hike for its employees with effect from January 1 this year.
This was announced by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa in the
Assembly in a suo motu statement.
"Like the central government employees` DA which was hiked
by seven per cent from January 1 this year, I am happy to
announce a seven per cent hike in DA for the state government
employees, teachers, pensioners and beneficiaries of family
pensioners," she said.
The hike would be paid in cash, she said.
The hike would also benefit officials and teachers of
local body and government-aided institutions, village
assistants in the revenue department, workers of Anganwadi and
nutritious meal schemes.
Over 18 lakh employees and pensioners would benefit from
the hike, which would cost the state exchequer an annual
expenditure of Rs 1,383.49 crore, she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed