TN: 8 killed in rains, Jaya announces solatium
Chennai: Eight persons were killed in heavy
Northeast monsoon rains across Tamil Nadu, following which
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Sunday announced a Rs 2
lakh solatium to each of their families.
The Chief Minister condoled their death and announced a
compensation to the eight persons from Tiruvannamalai,
Tiruchirapalli, Cuddalore, Villupuram, Pudukottai, Namakkal
and Kanchipuram districts who were killed in rains yesterday,
an official release said.
The release also announced a Rs 2 lakh solatium to Grade II
constable R Karthik of Armed Police XIV battalion in
Ramanathapuram district who was electrocuted while on duty on
Meanwhile in Rameswaram, State Textiles Minister
S Sundarajan and Ramanathapuram District Collector Arunroy
visited the flood-affected areas in the island to assess the
situation following 152.2mm of rain last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon