TN: Acid attack victim succumbs
Chennai: Battling for life for almost three months after a gruesome acid attack that left her blind, a 23-year-old woman died at a private hospital here Tuesday.
Vinodhini, a B.Tech graduate working in a private firm, had gone home for Diwali celebrations when she faced an acid attack at a bus terminus at Karaikal on November 14 by a construction worker whose overtures she rejected.
She was first rushed to a private hospital in Karaikal from where she was shifted to JIPMER (Jawharlal Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences) in Puducherry. She was then referred to a government hospital here and a private hospital for specialised treatment, where she breathed her last.
A visibly upset Vinodhini`s father, Jayapal, a watchman in a private school in Karaikal, said "He (the accused) should undergo the same pain which my daughter suffered. Acid should be thrown at him."
Vinodhini had received financial help from various quarters, including Rs three lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs two lakh from the Puducherry government and from the public in India and abroad, family sources said.
The accused Suresh has already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel