TN: Acid attack victim succumbs
Chennai: Battling for life for almost three months after a gruesome acid attack that left her blind, a 23-year-old woman died at a private hospital here Tuesday.
Vinodhini, a B.Tech graduate working in a private firm, had gone home for Diwali celebrations when she faced an acid attack at a bus terminus at Karaikal on November 14 by a construction worker whose overtures she rejected.
She was first rushed to a private hospital in Karaikal from where she was shifted to JIPMER (Jawharlal Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences) in Puducherry. She was then referred to a government hospital here and a private hospital for specialised treatment, where she breathed her last.
A visibly upset Vinodhini`s father, Jayapal, a watchman in a private school in Karaikal, said "He (the accused) should undergo the same pain which my daughter suffered. Acid should be thrown at him."
Vinodhini had received financial help from various quarters, including Rs three lakh from the Prime Minister`s Relief Fund and Rs two lakh from the Puducherry government and from the public in India and abroad, family sources said.
The accused Suresh has already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country