TN: Angry at wife`s death, husband kills doctor
Tuticorin: Irked by the death of his pregnant wife due to alleged negligence during an operation by a woman surgeon at the government medical college hospital here, her husband murdered her at her clinic, police said.
They said the six month pregnant woman was brought to the clinic in a serious condition on December 30 after she complained of stomach pain. She developed some complications, following which she was taken to another hospital, but died en route.
The husband, angered by her death, went to her clinic at around 10.30 PM on December 31 and hacked her to death while his three accomplices waited outside, police said.
All the four were arrested soon after government and private doctors here staged a protest yesterday, they said.
The Tamil Nadu Government Doctors Association (TNGDA) has announced a state-wide strike today, while the state branch of Indian Medical Association has called for it tomorrow. Both associations said emergency medical services would not be disrupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?