TN: Angry at wife`s death, husband kills doctor
Tuticorin: Irked by the death of his pregnant wife due to alleged negligence during an operation by a woman surgeon at the government medical college hospital here, her husband murdered her at her clinic, police said.
They said the six month pregnant woman was brought to the clinic in a serious condition on December 30 after she complained of stomach pain. She developed some complications, following which she was taken to another hospital, but died en route.
The husband, angered by her death, went to her clinic at around 10.30 PM on December 31 and hacked her to death while his three accomplices waited outside, police said.
All the four were arrested soon after government and private doctors here staged a protest yesterday, they said.
The Tamil Nadu Government Doctors Association (TNGDA) has announced a state-wide strike today, while the state branch of Indian Medical Association has called for it tomorrow. Both associations said emergency medical services would not be disrupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly