TN announces 10 pc hike in DA for govt employees
Chennai: Following the hike in Dearness Allowance for central government employees, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday announced a 10 per cent hike in DA for state government employees, teachers, pensioners and family pensioners.
The hike would be calculated from July 1 this year and would be given in cash, Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
The hike would also be applicable to officers, teachers, village assistance in revenue department, anganwadi workers, village panchayat assistants and writers working in local government institutions and government-aided educational institutions, she said.
The hike for about 18 lakh government employees and pensioners would cost the state exchequer Rs 2,292.78 crore annually, she added.
The DA of central government employees was hiked to 10 per cent effective since July 1 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured