TN announces 10 pc hike in DA for govt employees
Chennai: Following the hike in Dearness Allowance for central government employees, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday announced a 10 per cent hike in DA for state government employees, teachers, pensioners and family pensioners.
The hike would be calculated from July 1 this year and would be given in cash, Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
The hike would also be applicable to officers, teachers, village assistance in revenue department, anganwadi workers, village panchayat assistants and writers working in local government institutions and government-aided educational institutions, she said.
The hike for about 18 lakh government employees and pensioners would cost the state exchequer Rs 2,292.78 crore annually, she added.
The DA of central government employees was hiked to 10 per cent effective since July 1 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site