TN announces 10 pc hike in DA for govt employees
Chennai: Following the hike in Dearness Allowance for central government employees, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Thursday announced a 10 per cent hike in DA for state government employees, teachers, pensioners and family pensioners.
The hike would be calculated from July 1 this year and would be given in cash, Jayalalithaa said in a statement.
The hike would also be applicable to officers, teachers, village assistance in revenue department, anganwadi workers, village panchayat assistants and writers working in local government institutions and government-aided educational institutions, she said.
The hike for about 18 lakh government employees and pensioners would cost the state exchequer Rs 2,292.78 crore annually, she added.
The DA of central government employees was hiked to 10 per cent effective since July 1 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble