TN announces Rs 1 lakh relief to families of deceased
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced a cash relief of Rs one lakh each to the families of those killed in the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express fire accident at Nellore.
"I have directed to pay Rs one lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to those who had suffered injuries from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund," she said in an official statement here.
As the victims also include those from Tamil Nadu, ministers and senior officials from the state have been deputed to extend assistance, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'