TN announces Rs 1 lakh relief to families of deceased
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced a cash relief of Rs one lakh each to the families of those killed in the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express fire accident at Nellore.
"I have directed to pay Rs one lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to those who had suffered injuries from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund," she said in an official statement here.
As the victims also include those from Tamil Nadu, ministers and senior officials from the state have been deputed to extend assistance, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’