TN announces Rs 1 lakh relief to families of deceased
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced a cash relief of Rs one lakh each to the families of those killed in the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express fire accident at Nellore.
"I have directed to pay Rs one lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to those who had suffered injuries from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund," she said in an official statement here.
As the victims also include those from Tamil Nadu, ministers and senior officials from the state have been deputed to extend assistance, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble