TN announces Rs 1 lakh relief to families of deceased
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced a cash relief of Rs one lakh each to the families of those killed in the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express fire accident at Nellore.
"I have directed to pay Rs one lakh each to the families of the deceased and Rs 25,000 to those who had suffered injuries from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund," she said in an official statement here.
As the victims also include those from Tamil Nadu, ministers and senior officials from the state have been deputed to extend assistance, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail