TN, AP sign MoU for tourism promotion
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Tourism Development
Corporation (TTDC) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding
with Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC)
for working together to promote tourism in both the states.
The agreement was signed by TTDC Managing Director A C
Mohandoss and APTDC Vice-Chairman and MD Sandeep Kumar
Sultania in the presence of Tamil Nadu Tourism Secretary V
Irai Anbu here.
As per the agreement, the tourists in the state desirous of
visiting Andhra Pradesh could book tours and accommodation at
TTDC offices without bothering to visit the offices of APTDC
and vice versa.
The coming together of two states would help in attracting
more visitors, the MoU said.
The two corporations would don the mantle of agents in
promoting tours and packages of the other, thus, fetching
assured revenues for both on reciprocal basis. They would
share 15 per cent commission on existing tariff of hotel
accommodation, tours and transport on reciprocal basis.
“The tie-up is historical as tourism would be used as a
platform to promote understanding and fostering friendly
relationship between the people of both the states,”Irai Anbu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP