TN, AP sign MoU for tourism promotion
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Tourism Development
Corporation (TTDC) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding
with Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC)
for working together to promote tourism in both the states.
The agreement was signed by TTDC Managing Director A C
Mohandoss and APTDC Vice-Chairman and MD Sandeep Kumar
Sultania in the presence of Tamil Nadu Tourism Secretary V
Irai Anbu here.
As per the agreement, the tourists in the state desirous of
visiting Andhra Pradesh could book tours and accommodation at
TTDC offices without bothering to visit the offices of APTDC
and vice versa.
The coming together of two states would help in attracting
more visitors, the MoU said.
The two corporations would don the mantle of agents in
promoting tours and packages of the other, thus, fetching
assured revenues for both on reciprocal basis. They would
share 15 per cent commission on existing tariff of hotel
accommodation, tours and transport on reciprocal basis.
“The tie-up is historical as tourism would be used as a
platform to promote understanding and fostering friendly
relationship between the people of both the states,”Irai Anbu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened