TN, AP sign MoU for tourism promotion
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Tourism Development
Corporation (TTDC) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding
with Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC)
for working together to promote tourism in both the states.
The agreement was signed by TTDC Managing Director A C
Mohandoss and APTDC Vice-Chairman and MD Sandeep Kumar
Sultania in the presence of Tamil Nadu Tourism Secretary V
Irai Anbu here.
As per the agreement, the tourists in the state desirous of
visiting Andhra Pradesh could book tours and accommodation at
TTDC offices without bothering to visit the offices of APTDC
and vice versa.
The coming together of two states would help in attracting
more visitors, the MoU said.
The two corporations would don the mantle of agents in
promoting tours and packages of the other, thus, fetching
assured revenues for both on reciprocal basis. They would
share 15 per cent commission on existing tariff of hotel
accommodation, tours and transport on reciprocal basis.
“The tie-up is historical as tourism would be used as a
platform to promote understanding and fostering friendly
relationship between the people of both the states,”Irai Anbu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention
- World's most sensitive detector 'LUX' finds no dark matter
- Multiple sclerosis: 15 warning signs you might have the condition
- India vs West Indies 2016: Long spells on Day 4 helped me rediscover rhythm, says R Ashwin