TN Assembly Budget Session comes to a close
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die at the end of nearly 40-day long Budget Session.
During the session, the Assembly adopted some important resolutions including asking the Centre to stop treating Sri Lanka as a friendly nation besides pressing for a referendum on separate Eelam among Tamils in Sri Lanka and Lankan Tamils abroad.
It also resolved to retrieve Katchetheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation in 1976.
Other significant developments include the one year suspension awarded to six DMDK MLAs for the assault on a dissident party legislator in the House which was later reduced to six months.
Some DMK members were also suspended for the entire session, following which the party boycotted the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...