TN Assembly Budget Session comes to a close
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die at the end of nearly 40-day long Budget Session.
During the session, the Assembly adopted some important resolutions including asking the Centre to stop treating Sri Lanka as a friendly nation besides pressing for a referendum on separate Eelam among Tamils in Sri Lanka and Lankan Tamils abroad.
It also resolved to retrieve Katchetheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation in 1976.
Other significant developments include the one year suspension awarded to six DMDK MLAs for the assault on a dissident party legislator in the House which was later reduced to six months.
Some DMK members were also suspended for the entire session, following which the party boycotted the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report