TN Assembly Budget Session comes to a close
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die at the end of nearly 40-day long Budget Session.
During the session, the Assembly adopted some important resolutions including asking the Centre to stop treating Sri Lanka as a friendly nation besides pressing for a referendum on separate Eelam among Tamils in Sri Lanka and Lankan Tamils abroad.
It also resolved to retrieve Katchetheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation in 1976.
Other significant developments include the one year suspension awarded to six DMDK MLAs for the assault on a dissident party legislator in the House which was later reduced to six months.
Some DMK members were also suspended for the entire session, following which the party boycotted the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users