TN Assembly Budget Session comes to a close
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die at the end of nearly 40-day long Budget Session.
During the session, the Assembly adopted some important resolutions including asking the Centre to stop treating Sri Lanka as a friendly nation besides pressing for a referendum on separate Eelam among Tamils in Sri Lanka and Lankan Tamils abroad.
It also resolved to retrieve Katchetheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation in 1976.
Other significant developments include the one year suspension awarded to six DMDK MLAs for the assault on a dissident party legislator in the House which was later reduced to six months.
Some DMK members were also suspended for the entire session, following which the party boycotted the session.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane