TN Assembly Budget Session comes to a close
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Assembly was on Thursday adjourned sine die at the end of nearly 40-day long Budget Session.
During the session, the Assembly adopted some important resolutions including asking the Centre to stop treating Sri Lanka as a friendly nation besides pressing for a referendum on separate Eelam among Tamils in Sri Lanka and Lankan Tamils abroad.
It also resolved to retrieve Katchetheevu, an islet ceded by India to the island nation in 1976.
Other significant developments include the one year suspension awarded to six DMDK MLAs for the assault on a dissident party legislator in the House which was later reduced to six months.
Some DMK members were also suspended for the entire session, following which the party boycotted the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Do you remember Anupam Kher's first movie? Hint: It clocks 32 years today!
- FIR against Bajrang Dal activists for organising arms training camp
- Vijay Mallya cheque bounce case adjourned till June 6
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil