TN Bill to hike constituency allowance of CM, MLAs
Chennai: A bill to enhance the constituency allowance of Chief Minister, ministers and MLAs
from Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 per month was today introduced in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
The bill to further amend the Tamil Nadu Payment of Salaries Act, 1951 seeks to enhance the pension payable to the
former members of the Assembly or to the Legislative Council
from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa tabled the bill in the
The statement of objectives and reasons states that
the family pension payable to the family of deceased member of
the Assembly or Council would be enhanced from Rs 5,000 to Rs
6,000 per month.
The government had decided to enhance the allowance
and pension with effect from September last year and the bill
seeks to give effect to this decision.
The proposed hike would entail an expenditure of
nearly Rs 5.76 crore per annum to the exchequer, according to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister