TN Bill to hike constituency allowance of CM, MLAs
Chennai: A bill to enhance the constituency allowance of Chief Minister, ministers and MLAs
from Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 per month was today introduced in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
The bill to further amend the Tamil Nadu Payment of Salaries Act, 1951 seeks to enhance the pension payable to the
former members of the Assembly or to the Legislative Council
from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa tabled the bill in the
The statement of objectives and reasons states that
the family pension payable to the family of deceased member of
the Assembly or Council would be enhanced from Rs 5,000 to Rs
6,000 per month.
The government had decided to enhance the allowance
and pension with effect from September last year and the bill
seeks to give effect to this decision.
The proposed hike would entail an expenditure of
nearly Rs 5.76 crore per annum to the exchequer, according to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets