TN Bill to hike constituency allowance of CM, MLAs
Chennai: A bill to enhance the constituency allowance of Chief Minister, ministers and MLAs
from Rs 5,000 to Rs 10,000 per month was today introduced in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
The bill to further amend the Tamil Nadu Payment of Salaries Act, 1951 seeks to enhance the pension payable to the
former members of the Assembly or to the Legislative Council
from Rs 10,000 to Rs 12,000.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa tabled the bill in the
The statement of objectives and reasons states that
the family pension payable to the family of deceased member of
the Assembly or Council would be enhanced from Rs 5,000 to Rs
6,000 per month.
The government had decided to enhance the allowance
and pension with effect from September last year and the bill
seeks to give effect to this decision.
The proposed hike would entail an expenditure of
nearly Rs 5.76 crore per annum to the exchequer, according to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest