TN BJP chief on fast over scholarship for Hindu students
Chennai: The BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit President Pon Radhakrishnan today began a three-day `hunger strike` demanding extension of Central government`s educational scholarship to Hindu students, presently given to minorities.
Radhakrishnan had already held a series of protests in this regard, demanding that economic considerations be the criteria for awarding scholarships and not religious grounds.
Radhakrishnan was accompanied by senior leaders including Muralidhar Reddy, L Ganesan and scores of party supporters at the fast venue at Maraimalai Nagar near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray