TN BJP medical wing functionary murdered
Vellore (TN): BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit Medical Cell Secretary Dr Aravinth Reddy has been hacked to death by an unidentified gang here, police said.
40-year old Reddy was getting into his car after visiting a lab run by him here last night when the gang attacked him with sharp weapons killing him on the spot, they said.
Reddy was also into social service and had been offering treatment free of cost to poor people in the hospitals run by him in the city.
Police said they were investigating the motive behind the murder, which sent shock waves among the medical fraternity and his supporters.
The state chapter of Indian Medical Association expressed shock over the killing of Reddy and said incidents of attacks on medical professionals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch