TN BJP medical wing functionary murdered
Vellore (TN): BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit Medical Cell Secretary Dr Aravinth Reddy has been hacked to death by an unidentified gang here, police said.
40-year old Reddy was getting into his car after visiting a lab run by him here last night when the gang attacked him with sharp weapons killing him on the spot, they said.
Reddy was also into social service and had been offering treatment free of cost to poor people in the hospitals run by him in the city.
Police said they were investigating the motive behind the murder, which sent shock waves among the medical fraternity and his supporters.
The state chapter of Indian Medical Association expressed shock over the killing of Reddy and said incidents of attacks on medical professionals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city