TN BJP team meets Advani on dam issue
Chennai: A delegation of BJP leaders from
Tamil Nadu on Sunday met party senior leader L K Advani in Delhi
to apprise him of the state`s "just stand and Kerala`s wrong
campaign" on Mullaperiyar dam row, ahead of his scheduled
meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
"We informed him about various reports on the safety and
strength of the dam, the need to increase the storage level to
142 feet and the extraordinary situation created in the two
states (Tamil Nadu and Kerala) due to the wrong campaign by
Kerala government and politicians there," party state unit
secretary Pon Radhakrishnan, who led the team, said in a
He was accompanied by senior leaders L Ganesan and H Raja,
Advani is scheduled to meet the Prime Minister on the issue
and urge him to convene a meeting with Chief Ministers of
Kerala and Tamil Nadu to find a solution to the long pending
row which has escalated in recent days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30