TN BJP to apprise leadership on anti-CHOGM sentiments
Chennai: With the opposition BJP yet to spell out its stand on India`s participation in next week`s CHOGM in Sri Lanka, a three-member delegation of the Tamil Nadu unit left for Delhi to impress upon the party central leadership to press for India`s boycott.
Party`s state unit president Pon Radhakrishnan and senior leaders L Ganesan and Lakshmanan left for the capital to apprise the central leadership of the state unit`s stand that India should not attend the event, keeping in view the sentiments in Tamil Nadu.
"Tamil Nadu unit of the BJP is strong in its opinion that the government of India should not participate in the Commonwealth conference in Sri Lanka," state BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan said in a statement.
The senior leaders from Tamil Nadu would express the sentiments in the state to the leadership and would press to take a right decision on the issue, he added.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR