TN BJP to apprise leadership on anti-CHOGM sentiments
Chennai: With the opposition BJP yet to spell out its stand on India`s participation in next week`s CHOGM in Sri Lanka, a three-member delegation of the Tamil Nadu unit left for Delhi to impress upon the party central leadership to press for India`s boycott.
Party`s state unit president Pon Radhakrishnan and senior leaders L Ganesan and Lakshmanan left for the capital to apprise the central leadership of the state unit`s stand that India should not attend the event, keeping in view the sentiments in Tamil Nadu.
"Tamil Nadu unit of the BJP is strong in its opinion that the government of India should not participate in the Commonwealth conference in Sri Lanka," state BJP president Pon Radhakrishnan said in a statement.
The senior leaders from Tamil Nadu would express the sentiments in the state to the leadership and would press to take a right decision on the issue, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi