TN: CB-CID takes over probe into boy`s death
Chennai: As mystery continued to shroud
the death of a 13 year-old boy due to gunshot wounds on army
premises here, the Tamil Nadu Government on Monday handed over the
probe to CB-CID while the Army stuck to its position that
there was no armed guard in the entire area.
The CB-CID launched the probe into the death of
Dilshan who was allegedly shot by a jawan while he trespassed
into the army residential area to pluck almonds triggering
protest by locals who demanded action against the guilty.
After visiting the spot with top police officials and
senior army officers, ADGP R Sekar told reporters that the
CB-CID had taken over the probe.
Army, in a brief statement, maintained that "there was
no armed guard located at the compound at any time."
It said it would extend all cooperation to local
police in the joint investigation to "identify the culprit and
bring the individual responsible to justice".
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa had yesterday condemned
the incident and said that the Chief Secretary had written to
the Army`s General Officer Commanding, requesting that the
culprit be handed over to state police.
Political leaders, including MDMK founder Vaiko and
PMK leader Dr S Ramadoss, also condemned the incident and
demanded appropriate action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH