TN: CBI plea turned down
Kancheepuram: A local court has turned
down a petition by CBI to extend for further five days its custody of PMK founder Ramadoss`s brother arrested in connection with a case relating to murder of a relative of Commercial Taxes Minister C V Shanmugam in 2006.
Srinivasan, a PMK functionary, and another functionary
were arrested by CBI on January 25 at Tindivanam in Villupuram
district in connection with the murder of Muruganandam on May
CBI had appealed for a further five day period of custody
of the two when the case came up at the Chengalpattu sessions
court yesterday. The CBI had said this was necessary to arrive
at details and to seize the weapons that were part of the
murder case and finally file the Crime Report.
The sessions judge rejected the CBI petition for further
custody of Srinivasan, but granted custody of the other PMK
functionary till February 2. The judge ordered that Srinivasan
be taken back to the Puzhal prison.
The case was earlier investigated by Tamil Nadu police.
However, the Madras High Court had on October 29 ordered a CBI
inquiry into the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal