TN: CBI plea turned down
Kancheepuram: A local court has turned
down a petition by CBI to extend for further five days its custody of PMK founder Ramadoss`s brother arrested in connection with a case relating to murder of a relative of Commercial Taxes Minister C V Shanmugam in 2006.
Srinivasan, a PMK functionary, and another functionary
were arrested by CBI on January 25 at Tindivanam in Villupuram
district in connection with the murder of Muruganandam on May
CBI had appealed for a further five day period of custody
of the two when the case came up at the Chengalpattu sessions
court yesterday. The CBI had said this was necessary to arrive
at details and to seize the weapons that were part of the
murder case and finally file the Crime Report.
The sessions judge rejected the CBI petition for further
custody of Srinivasan, but granted custody of the other PMK
functionary till February 2. The judge ordered that Srinivasan
be taken back to the Puzhal prison.
The case was earlier investigated by Tamil Nadu police.
However, the Madras High Court had on October 29 ordered a CBI
inquiry into the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire