TN: CBI plea turned down
Kancheepuram: A local court has turned
down a petition by CBI to extend for further five days its custody of PMK founder Ramadoss`s brother arrested in connection with a case relating to murder of a relative of Commercial Taxes Minister C V Shanmugam in 2006.
Srinivasan, a PMK functionary, and another functionary
were arrested by CBI on January 25 at Tindivanam in Villupuram
district in connection with the murder of Muruganandam on May
CBI had appealed for a further five day period of custody
of the two when the case came up at the Chengalpattu sessions
court yesterday. The CBI had said this was necessary to arrive
at details and to seize the weapons that were part of the
murder case and finally file the Crime Report.
The sessions judge rejected the CBI petition for further
custody of Srinivasan, but granted custody of the other PMK
functionary till February 2. The judge ordered that Srinivasan
be taken back to the Puzhal prison.
The case was earlier investigated by Tamil Nadu police.
However, the Madras High Court had on October 29 ordered a CBI
inquiry into the murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India