TN CM announces Rs 10 lakh for Flt Lt Praveen`s family
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday announced Rs 10 lakh solatium to the family of Flt Lt K Praveen, who was killed in a chopper crash in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand while on a rescue mission.
"I extend my deep condolences to the bereaved family of chopper pilot Flt Lt Praveen, who lost his life in an accident during rescue operations," she said in a statement here.
27-year-old Praveen was among 20 personnel killed on June 25 while they were engaged in an operation to rescue stranded pilgrims near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today