TN CM announces Rs 10 lakh for Flt Lt Praveen`s family
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday announced Rs 10 lakh solatium to the family of Flt Lt K Praveen, who was killed in a chopper crash in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand while on a rescue mission.
"I extend my deep condolences to the bereaved family of chopper pilot Flt Lt Praveen, who lost his life in an accident during rescue operations," she said in a statement here.
27-year-old Praveen was among 20 personnel killed on June 25 while they were engaged in an operation to rescue stranded pilgrims near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites