TN CM lays foundation stone for new MMC building
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi om Monday laid the foundation stone for a new building
for the Madras Medical College to be constructed at a cost of
Rs 150 crore.
The building would come up at the place where the old
Central Prison complex was located.
Speaking on the occasion, he recalled that the country`s
first woman doctor Muthulakshmi Reddy had graduated from the
175-year old college in 1912.
In her memory, the DMK Government was implementing a
scheme to benefit pregnant women under which Rs 1,000 each
was paid to the beneficiaries for six months during pregnancy,
He also said the DMK Government was taking various steps
in the health sector, including implementation of the
insurance scheme for life saving treatment.
The Chief Minister honoured 40 senior doctors on the
occasion of the college`s 175h year celebrations by presenting
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday