TN CM welcomes `inclusive` roadmap of BJP-led govt
Chennai: Welcoming the "comprehensive and inclusive" roadmap of the Narendra Modi government on various issues spelt out by President Pranab Mukherjee, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Monday said it had raised expectations on performance and delivery against the ambitious goals that the government has set for itself.
The President`s address steered clear of "contentious and divisive issues and augurs well for the nation in the coming five years," she said in a statement here.
Jayalalithaa said she welcomed "the very comprehensive and inclusive address" delivered by the President to the joint sitting of Parliament after the Lok Sabha polls. The address outlined the policy priorities of the new government "very eloquently and with clarity," she said.
She said issues in key sectors have been covered and welcomed proposals like emphasis on improving the lives of the poor, priority to rural infrastructure, increasing public and private investments in agriculture and water conservation.
She lauded the `progressive ideas` in education sector including breaking down the divide between formal education and skill development and gave thumbs up for emphasis on sports in holistic education and the National Sports Talent Search Mission.
She said she was looking forward to the New Health Policy and recalled her government`s `ambitious target` of Tamil Nadu becoming `Open Defecation Free` by 2015.
She also expressed happiness over the Centre`s commitment to provide 33 per cent reservation to women in Parliament and state legislatures and applauded the `inclusive spirit` of the President?s address which she said had addressed issues relating to "all disadvantaged sections" including SC/STs,BCs, minorities and the specially-abled persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj