TN CPIM leader goes missing
Chennai: Senior leader of Tamil Nadu unit of
CPI (M) and a former Central Commitee member W R Varadarajan
has been missing for the past one week, the party said today.
State unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said Varadarajan had
left his home on February 11 leaving two unsigned letters.
`It is not clear where he has gone but it (his
disappearance) is a matter of concern,` Ramakrishnan said in a
party statement here.
The party has lodged a complaint with the City Police
Commissioner as well as the state DGP, he added.
It is learnt that Varadarajan, a senior leader who used to
play the interpreter`s role to near perfection in meetings
addressed by national leaders of the party, was beset by
personal problems, which, it is believed, could have made him
take the step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi