TN CPIM leader goes missing
Chennai: Senior leader of Tamil Nadu unit of
CPI (M) and a former Central Commitee member W R Varadarajan
has been missing for the past one week, the party said today.
State unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said Varadarajan had
left his home on February 11 leaving two unsigned letters.
`It is not clear where he has gone but it (his
disappearance) is a matter of concern,` Ramakrishnan said in a
party statement here.
The party has lodged a complaint with the City Police
Commissioner as well as the state DGP, he added.
It is learnt that Varadarajan, a senior leader who used to
play the interpreter`s role to near perfection in meetings
addressed by national leaders of the party, was beset by
personal problems, which, it is believed, could have made him
take the step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef