TN CPIM leader goes missing
Chennai: Senior leader of Tamil Nadu unit of
CPI (M) and a former Central Commitee member W R Varadarajan
has been missing for the past one week, the party said today.
State unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said Varadarajan had
left his home on February 11 leaving two unsigned letters.
`It is not clear where he has gone but it (his
disappearance) is a matter of concern,` Ramakrishnan said in a
party statement here.
The party has lodged a complaint with the City Police
Commissioner as well as the state DGP, he added.
It is learnt that Varadarajan, a senior leader who used to
play the interpreter`s role to near perfection in meetings
addressed by national leaders of the party, was beset by
personal problems, which, it is believed, could have made him
take the step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3