TN CPIM leader goes missing
Chennai: Senior leader of Tamil Nadu unit of
CPI (M) and a former Central Commitee member W R Varadarajan
has been missing for the past one week, the party said today.
State unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said Varadarajan had
left his home on February 11 leaving two unsigned letters.
`It is not clear where he has gone but it (his
disappearance) is a matter of concern,` Ramakrishnan said in a
party statement here.
The party has lodged a complaint with the City Police
Commissioner as well as the state DGP, he added.
It is learnt that Varadarajan, a senior leader who used to
play the interpreter`s role to near perfection in meetings
addressed by national leaders of the party, was beset by
personal problems, which, it is believed, could have made him
take the step.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!