TN CPIM leader goes missing
Chennai: Senior leader of Tamil Nadu unit of
CPI (M) and a former Central Commitee member W R Varadarajan
has been missing for the past one week, the party said today.
State unit Secretary G Ramakrishnan said Varadarajan had
left his home on February 11 leaving two unsigned letters.
`It is not clear where he has gone but it (his
disappearance) is a matter of concern,` Ramakrishnan said in a
party statement here.
The party has lodged a complaint with the City Police
Commissioner as well as the state DGP, he added.
It is learnt that Varadarajan, a senior leader who used to
play the interpreter`s role to near perfection in meetings
addressed by national leaders of the party, was beset by
personal problems, which, it is believed, could have made him
take the step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!
- Child swept away in water, parts of Malda face flood fury
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as a desi superhero is adorable enough to emerge as children's favourite
- REVEALED: At her witty best, Smriti Irani shares why she worked at McDonald's