TN cracker factory explosion: Toll rises to 7
Sivakasi: With one more person succumbing to injuries at the government hospital here Wednesday, the toll in the explosion at a cracker manufacturing unit has gone up to seven, police said.
While three persons died on the spot, eight others were injured in the incident on April 28. Two more persons died at the government hospial the next day.
The victims were workers of the unit at Narayanapuram village, four km from Sivakasi, the country`s fireworks hub, and they were engaged in making crackers when the explosion occurred.
Police said two foremen at the unit and an accountant were arrested on August 29 under various IPC sections and Explosives Act.
The owner of the unit and its manager are absconding, police said, adding, a hunt is on to nab them.
The explosion apparently occurred due to friction among the chemicals.
The owner of the unit and its manager are still absconding,and a hunt is on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...