TN cracker factory explosion: Toll rises to 7
Sivakasi: With one more person succumbing to injuries at the government hospital here Wednesday, the toll in the explosion at a cracker manufacturing unit has gone up to seven, police said.
While three persons died on the spot, eight others were injured in the incident on April 28. Two more persons died at the government hospial the next day.
The victims were workers of the unit at Narayanapuram village, four km from Sivakasi, the country`s fireworks hub, and they were engaged in making crackers when the explosion occurred.
Police said two foremen at the unit and an accountant were arrested on August 29 under various IPC sections and Explosives Act.
The owner of the unit and its manager are absconding, police said, adding, a hunt is on to nab them.
The explosion apparently occurred due to friction among the chemicals.
The owner of the unit and its manager are still absconding,and a hunt is on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority