TN creates 15 new taluks; 2 integrated judicial complexes
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced formation of 15 new taluks, setting up of a district prison at Theni and construction of two Integrated Judicial Complexes at Vellore and Nagappattinam districts.
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said these taluks in various districts would be created at a cost of Rs 15 crore and would help the Revenue Department in efficient administration of the state.
In another announcement, she said a Rs 14 crore district prison with a Borstal School would be set up in Theni district to house 200 inmates. Also 100 residential quarters for prison department officials would be built at a cost of Rs 13.16 crore during 2014-15.
Two Integrated Judicial Complexes would be constructed to house 18 courts and quarters for judges at Sathuvachari in Vellore at a cost of Rs 20.03 crore and eight courts at Rs 19.52 crore in Nagapattinam, she said in a separate announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highest paid actress or not? Kangana Ranaut charged Rs 3 cr for 'Rangoon'
- PM Modi to launch BJP govt's two-year anniversary celebrations, releases 'Transforming India' anthem's video
- 7th Pay Commission: Doctors in govt hospitals in Delhi go on strike
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Africa Day event to be held today after India allays 'Afrophobia' fears: Report