TN creates 15 new taluks; 2 integrated judicial complexes
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government on Monday announced formation of 15 new taluks, setting up of a district prison at Theni and construction of two Integrated Judicial Complexes at Vellore and Nagappattinam districts.
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said these taluks in various districts would be created at a cost of Rs 15 crore and would help the Revenue Department in efficient administration of the state.
In another announcement, she said a Rs 14 crore district prison with a Borstal School would be set up in Theni district to house 200 inmates. Also 100 residential quarters for prison department officials would be built at a cost of Rs 13.16 crore during 2014-15.
Two Integrated Judicial Complexes would be constructed to house 18 courts and quarters for judges at Sathuvachari in Vellore at a cost of Rs 20.03 crore and eight courts at Rs 19.52 crore in Nagapattinam, she said in a separate announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report