TN cyber wing to probing hacking of police website
Chennai: The Cyber Crime Cell of Tamil Nadu Police has been directed to probe the hacking of the state police`s website allegedly by a hacktivist group named `Anonymous.`
"NIC is examining how the breach took place. Cyber Crime Cell has been directed to take up investigation," Director General of Police K Ramanujam said in a release.
The website, now being maintained by National Informatics Centre, a Science and Technology institution of the Centre, was intruded reportedly by `Anonymous,` which has been protesting denial of access to certain websites by Internet Service Providers in pursuance of a copyright violation suit.
However, the DGP maintained that "no defacing of the website has taken place".
"Data in the Grievances database relating to complaints received online from the public and action taken on them have been taken and published," the statement said, adding, security audit had been "got done before posting the data on the website."
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh